Once you have worked out you BMI score, use the table below to determine your BMI rating. The rating is the same for males and females. The table shows the World Health Organization BMI classification system.
|classification||BMI (kg/m2)||sub-classification||BMI (kg/m2)|
|underweight||< 18.50||severe thinness||< 16.00|
|moderate thinness||16.00 - 16.99|
|mild thinness||17.00 - 18.49|
|normal range||18.5 - 24.99||normal||18.5 - 24.99|
|overweight||≥ 25.00||pre-obese||25.00 - 29.99|
|obese class I||30.00 - 34.99|
|obese class II||35.00 - 39.99|
|obese class II||≥ 40.00|
source: World Health Organization
Other BMI Calculations and Ratings
- BMI Calculators - enter your height and weight, either Metric or Imperial Units.
- Height and Weight Graph - a table listing recommended body weights for a range of height measures
- Reverse BMI lookup table - determine your ideal body weight based on the Body Mass Index.
- BMI Procedure
- A list of Body Composition Tests
- Calculating Ideal Weight
- Poll about methods for measuring body composition?
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.