The new sport of Windmill was submitted by Micah Greenberg from Boston. The creators are unknown, and the sport comes from some time between 1996 and 2009. The sport is a variant on kickball.
The game is played on an indoor soccer court. However, it is only played on half of the field. The rules are essentially the rules of kickball, except for the following changes:
- The bases are mats. You may have as many people on a base as you want.
- The only force out is for the batter at first base.
- If any person steps off of any base, all people on that base must leave the base and go to the next base.
- All base runners must run around the bases TWICE. That means that after going from first to second to third, you must cross to first, then to second, then third, then home.
- If any ball is hit above a certain point at the net on the end boundary, or in the goal, it's a home run.
Equipment-required: Mats, kickball, indoor soccer field
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other new sports
- About the sport of kickball
- Complete list of unusual sports