The new sport of ice soccer is an on-ice version of association football. Competing teams try to score by kicking a projectile, through the opponent's goal. There is also a similar new sport - Ice Soccer on Skates — in which the participants wear ice skates and play on an ice rink.
- Scoring - like regular field soccer
- Game length – 30-60 minutes, depending on ice time available
- "Zoning Off-sides" - very different from other sports
- Penalties for play infractions and unsportmanlike conduct
- Cannot use hands and/or forearms to control or direct the Boot'r
- "Heading", "slide tackling", "aerobatic kicking", "boarding" and "body checking" not allowed
For adult games, each side (team) has nine players: six slammer/blockers, two backs, and a goal keeper. An extra back is added in youth games, for a total of ten players per side. Games are typically 30–60 minutes long.
Equipment Required: ice, ball (Boot'R), helmet, shoe–boots (e.g. broomball shoes), helmet (such as a hockey helmet)
About the Boot'R
The uniquely shaped and weighted Boot'r makes controllable, sustainable ice soccer play possible. The Boot'r provides a big "sweet spot" for control; and its weight and shape keep it in play at a speed that enable players to execute serious passing and play-making.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Ice Soccer on Skates — in which the participants wear ice skates an dplay on an ice rink.
- Roller Soccer — indoor sport, playing soccer while wearing roller skates.
- Other new sports
- Complete list of unusual sports