Snowbiking is a snow sport which uses a bicycle with fat tires to more easily travel through snow. The bicycles used are called fatbikes or snow bikes, and the sport is sometimes referred to as "fatbiking".
Fatbikes are becoming more popular, and there are many snow biking events around the world. Examples include the Snow Bike Festival in Gstaad Switzerland and the annual Global Fatbike Summit in Wyoming USA. There are also more extreme events such as the ultra-marathon Iditarod Trail which can be accomplished on a bike.
- Ice Track Cycling — racing a modified bicycle around a 400 m frozen track.
- Cyclo-Cross — a type of bicycle racing, a winter sport performed over various terrain.
- Cross-Country Mountain Biking — off-road cycling races over rough terrain
- Skibobbing — a winter sport that uses a bicycle-type frame connected to skis called skibobs.
- Winter Triathlon — athletes compete in running, mountain biking and cross-country skiing.
- Snowshoeing — racing in the snow wearing snow shoes.
- About Skiing (general)
- Cycling (general)
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports