3x3 Ice Hockey
3x3 Ice hockey is a modified version of ice hockey, played on half rink size with only three players plus a goaltender per team.
3-on-3 tournaments are played cross-ice, enabling two games to be played simultaneously, one at each end of the rink. The format involves no stoppages for goals, and a simultaneous clock for both matches.
Most regular ice hockey rules apply, though body-checking is not allowed. There is also no icing or offside. If the game is tied after regular time, there is a penalty-shot shootout to decide the winner.
The sport made its international debut at the Lausanne 2020 Youth Olympic Games, and there are hopes for its inclusion at future events.
- Ice Hockey — a contact sport which is played on ice while wearing skates and using a stick to hit a puck into a goal.
- Pond Hockey — a version of ice hockey played on a natural frozen body of water.
- Field Hockey — played outdoors on turf, players hit a hard round ball through goals using sticks with curved ends.
- 3x3 Basketball — a variation of basketball played on a half court with just three players on each team.
- Hockey Decoder — a discussion about the different forms of hockey played around the world.
- Complete List of Sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports