eSports, gaming, e-sports, or electronic sports are terms used for the competitive arm of playing games on your computer. Academics are trying to stop the 'obesity epidemic' by getting the young generation off the computer to get more active and play sport - the young generation's answer: e-sports gaming. It is already a big thing, with millions of players around the world, and millions of dollars to be won in major tournaments. There is also a crossover, mixed-reality esports involves sports being held remotely, combining esport gameplay with actual physical activity.
More eSports Information
- eSports at the Olympic Games — will the sport make it to the international pinnacle of sports?
- eSports has been a demonstration sport at the Olympics Games.
- Do you think eSports be added to the Olympic Games program [poll]
- eSports at the Asian Games — eSports was a demonstration sport at the 2018 Asian Games, and will be a medal event at the 2022 Games.
- eSports at the Commonwealth Games — there was a major eSports tournament held at the same time as the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
- eSports Games of the Future — a Russian event planned for Kazan Russia in 2024, which may include up to 15 "high-tech" disciplines such as esports, robotics, drone racing and virtual reality sports.
- eGames — an international multi-sport gaming tournament that was held in 2016 in Rio, and planned for every two years, but has not been held again.
- Esport major tournaments
- Should eSports Games Be Realistic? Some eSports games very realistic, you feel like you are actually playing the sport, but not everyone wants it that way.
- Esport Fans Interest In Crypto Buying Is Increasing — the Esports and cryptocurrency worlds have been intermingling
- Discussion about what is a sport?
- List of questionable sports
- Complete list of sports
- About Mind Sports