The Lusail Stadium (also known as Lusail Iconic Stadium) is located in Lusail, which is 23 km north of Doha, Qatar. The stadium was originally opened in November 2021. It has a capacity of 80,000 seats. It will be one of the stadiums used for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, including hosting the final.
For the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the following matches will be held in the stadium: 5x Group Matches, 1x Round of 16, 1x Quarter-Final, 1x Semi-Final and the Final.
Significant events held at the Lusail Stadium
Here are just some of the recent major events that have been held at the Lusail Stadium:
Lusail Stadium Trivia
- The city of Lusail is a multi-billion dollar planned city that did not exist prior to 2006.
- Lusail Stadium is the biggest stadium in Qatar
- The stadium is cooled using solar power and has a zero carbon footprint
- After the 2022 World Cup, modifications will reduce the seating by half.
- Other Qatar stadiums
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Venues for the 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Sport in Qatar