Amsterdam Olympic Stadium (Olympisch Stadion)
The Amsterdam Olympic Stadium (Dutch: Olympisch Stadion) was built in 1928 to be the main stadium for the 1928 Summer Olympics. The stadium was used for the sports of athletics, track cycling, equestrian jumping, football, gymnastics, and korfball (demonstration).
The stadium is currently used mostly for football, athletics and music events.
Major Events Held at the Amsterdam Olympic Stadium
Here are just some of the major events that have been held at Amsterdam Olympic Stadium:
- 1928 Summer Olympic Games
- 1962 European Cup Final between Benfica and Real Madrid
- 1977 European Cup Winners' Cup Final between Hamburger SV and RSC Anderlecht
- 2016 European Athletics Championships.
Amsterdam Olympic Stadium Trivia
- The 1954 Tour de France started outside the stadium
- The stadium is home to a sports museum, the Olympic Experience Amsterdam
- Olympic Games stadiums
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- sport in the Netherlands