Tokyo (Ajinomoto) Stadium
The Ajinomoto Stadium, also known as the Tokyo Stadium, is located in Chōfu, Tokyo, Japan. It has a capacity of 49,970. It is used mainly for football, plus concerts.
This stadium is one of the venues for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, used for football, modern pentathlon and rugby.
Events held at the Tokyo Stadium
- 2019 - Rugby World Cup opening ceremony, the opening match of the tournament, bronze medal final plus other matches.
- 2021 - a venue for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, hosting Football, Modern Pentathlon, Rugby.
- The stadium is the home of J1 League football club FC Tokyo and J2 League football club Tokyo Verdy
- In 2002, Saudi Arabia's national team used the stadium as a training ground, although the stadium did not host an actual World Cup match.
- To comply with height limitation close to the airport, the pitch is sunk below the level of the land around the stadium
- Olympic Games stadiums
- More stadiums of Japan
- All Stadiums List
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Venues of the Tokyo Olympic Games
- About Sport in Japan