Here is my favorite funny sporting quotes from the sport of Soccer.
- "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars … the rest I just squandered."
- "Amongst all unimportant subjects, football is by far the most important."
- He had an eternity to play that ball… but he took too long over it.
- An inch or two either side of the post and that would have been a goal.
- And that’s Aston Villa’s first league goal since their last one.
- Germany are a very difficult team to play… they have eleven internationals out there today.
- Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.
- He is a goal scorer, not a natural born one - not yet. That takes time.
- I wouldn’t be bothered if we lost every game, as long as we won the league.
- The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.
- I feel sorry for other countries fighting English football fans – the St George’s Flag looks so much like the Red Cross that they don’t know if they’re running towards medical attention or further violence.
- I'm sure sex wouldn't be so rewarding as this World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not.
- Funny World Cup Quotes
- Funny Quotes Home
- Sports Quotes — the serious stuff, including Soccer Quotes.
- About Soccer
- About the FIFA World Cup