The Greatest Softball Player at the Olympic Games
Who is the greatest Softball Player of all time based on Olympic Games performances? We have used a weighted total medal count of each male and female Softball Player from all modern Olympic Games to rank their overall performance, using data from all Olympics including the Tokyo 2020 Games.
The best all-time performing softball player at the Olympic Games is USA player Laura Berg who won three gold medals and one silver between 1996 and 2008, a medal for the first four years that softball was on the Olympic Games program. Three Japanese players have won two gold medals, having needed to wait 13 years bnetween 2012 ansd 2021 for softball to come back on the Olympic program. See the table below to see all the athletes with at least two gold medals in softball.
Top Olympic Games Softball Players
Here are the top ranked athletes from the sport of softball for performances at all Olympiads, using the Topend Sports Weighted Ranking System to order the athletes, awarding points for both gold (6 points) and other medals (silver 2 pts, bronze 1 pt). Included on this list are all players that have won at least two gold medals.
Table: The Top Ranked Athletes from Softball at the Olympic Games (including 2021)
|=9||Christa Lee Williams||USA||2||0||0||2||12|
- List of the best athlete from each Olympic sport
- The greatest ever Olympic athlete
- About Olympic Medal Ranking Systems
- Medal tables from all Olympic Games
- I was devastated when they took softball out of the Olympics. These women are amazing players. I wish I had gotten the chance to play in the Olympics. (May 2012)
- I'm 17 years old and have been a softball player since i was 4 i really look up to all of the softball players that played in the Olympics and was really devistated when they took the sport out. I just want them to know that i really appriciate what you did for all of us and i thank you for that (from Gabby Lopez, April 2012)