Asian Cup Trivia
- Hong Kong hosted the first Asian Cup in 1956.
- Israel once were part of the Asian Cup, but were expelled from the AFC in the early 1970s, and eventually became a member of UEFA
- Japan has been the most successful nation with four wins (1992, 2000, 2004, 2011).
- Kuwait was the first country from the Arab region to win the championship, in 1980
- The most goals scored in one match by a team was Iran, who beat South Yemen 8–0 in 1976. Japan also scored 8 goals in a match against Uzbekistan in 2000, when they beat them 8–1.
- The 2015 tournament in Australia was the first time the Asian Cup had been held outside the continent of Asia.