2021 Tokyo Paralympic Games
The 16th Paralympic Summer Games were held in Tokyo, Japan, in 2021 just days after the completion of the 2020 Tokyo Games. They ran from 24 August to 5 September 2021.
The 22 sports included: athletics, archery, badminton, boccia, canoe, cycling, equestrian, football 5-a-side, goalball, judo, powerlifting, rowing, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, table tennis, taekwondo, triathlon, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis. See all about Paralympic Sports.
A Paralympic museum, the first-ever, opened in Tokyo for the duration of the 16th edition of the Summer Paralympic Games. After the Games, the museum will be relocated to the headquarters of the IPC in Bonn, Germany.
- Tokyo was the first city to host the Summer Paralympics twice (they also held the event in 1964)
- Host Cities of the Paralympics
- Medal Tally at the 2021 Tokyo Paralympics
- All about the Paralympics
- Tokyo 2021 Summer Olympics
- Major sporting events in 2021 and 2020
- Sport in Japan