2008 Beijing Paralympic Games
The 2008 Paralympics were held in Beijing, between 6-17 September, 12 days after the completion of the Olympic Games in the same city. These were the 13th Paralympic Summer Games. About 4000 athletes from 150 countries took part in 20 sports.
For the first time on the Paralympic program, rowing was included. For 2008, the sailing events were held in Qingdao, while the Equestrian events were held in Hong Kong. See also the List of Paralympic Sports.
Beijing will again host the Paralympic, this time the Winter version in 2022.
- South African distance swimmer Natalie Du Toit carried the flag at the 2008 Paralympics and Summer Olympics opening ceremony, making her the first athlete to carry a flag in both Olympics and Paralympics in a single year.
- Host Cities of the Paralympics
- Medal Tally at the 2008 Beijing Paralympics
- 2022 Winter Paralympics in Beijing
- About the Paralympics
- Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics
- Sport in China