The 2000 Paralympics were held in Sydney, Australia. 121 countries and 3,881 athletes participated.
- There was a scandal involving the basketball team for intellectual disabilities from Spain at the 2000 Paralympics, in which many of their players were found not to have a disability. This forced this category to be dropped until 2012, and only returning with stricter rules for inclusion.
- Polish table tennis player Natalia Partyke became the youngest ever Paralympian when she participated in the 2000 games at age 11.
- Host Cities of the Paralympics
- Medal Tally at the 2000 Sydney Paralympics
- About the Paralympics
- Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics
- About Sport in Australia
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.