Weightlifting was first part of the Asian Games in 1951, and has been on the program ever since, with the exception of 1962. There are two categories in weightlifting, the snatch and 'clean and jerk'.
Weight Categories (since 1998)
- Men: Bantamweight <56kg, Featherweight 56-62kg, Lightweight 62-69kg, Middleweight 69-77kg, Light-heavyweight 77-85kg, Middle-heavyweight 85-94kg, Heavyweight 94-105kg, Super heavyweight 105+kg
- Women: 48 kg, 53 kg, 58 kg, 63 kg, 69 kg, 75 kg, 75+ kg
- Weightlifting at the Olympics
- Weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games
- About the sports of the Asian Games
- More about the Asian Games
- About the Sport of Weightlifting
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.