In 2010, competitive dancing (dancesport) was first on the program, in the form of ballorom dance styles. There was a five Latin dances competition (samba, cha-cha-cha, rhumba, pasodoble and jive), plus indivdual competitions for Quickstep, Slow foxtrot, Tango, and the Waltz.
Chinese dancers won all ten gold medals that were available.
- Dancesport was also a demonstration sport at the 1998 Asian Games.
- Breakdancing will make its first appearance at the Asian Games in Hangzhou 2022.
- About the sports of the Asian Games
- More about the Asian Games
- About the Sport of Dancesport