Swimming is a major event of the current Olympic Program, and has been an Olympic sport for all of the modern games. However, all the swimming events have not been the same throughout Olympic History. You may be surprised to know some of the swimming events that were once part of the Olympic Games.
- Underwater Swimming
- Swimming Plunge for distance
- Swimming Obstacle Race
- Men's sailors 100 meter freestyle
- Plain High Diving
- Solo Synchronized Swimming
- Other Discontinued Olympic Sporting Events
- All about Swimming at the Olympic Games
- Breath Holding — How long can you hold your breath? An old test for assessing aerobic fitness.