Bandy at the Winter Olympics
Bandy was a demonstration sport at the 1952 Olympic Games in Oslo Norway. The game is played on ice, and has similarities to Ice Hockey and Association Football. A ball is hit with a stick.
Only three teams played: Finland, Norway and Sweden. Sweden won the tournament, with Norway second and Finland third. This was the first official international bandy tournament.
There were reports of Bandy being added to the sports program in 2014, but the IOC rejected their submission. However, Russia still hosted the 2014 Bandy World Championships, held in Irkutsk and Shelekhov just before the Olympics that year.
- More about the sport of Bandy
- Ice Hockey at the Winter Olympics.
- More on Winter Olympic Games demonstration sports
- Winter Olympics Discontinued Sports
- More Demonstration Olympic Sports
- More about the Winter Olympic Games