There was an exhibition of lacrosse, Canada’s national sport, at the 1978 Commonwealth Games in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The matches were played as the Box Lacrosse version, played indoor a smaller ice-hockey arena with six players in each team.
Some of the teams that participated in the tournament:
- North Shore Indians
- Edmonton Capitals
- Edmonton Fullers
- West Edmonton Blues (Alberta)
- Victoria, Canada
The sport has never been on the official Commonwealth Games program.
- See the full list of Commonwealth Games sports
- About the sport of lacrosse and box lacrosse
- Demonstration sports at the Commonwealth Games
- Lacrosse demonstration at the Olympics
- About Sport in Canada