Students who enrol in any major in the Department of Kinesiology and Sport at University of Southern Indiana are required to participate in a physical fitness testing each year.
Students are required to undertake all six test, and to achieve at least the 50th percentile in three of them. Students who do not pass can either work with a personal trainer from the fitness center or join at prescribed physical activity class.
50th percentile standards
- Sit and reach >= 11 males and 12 females
- BMI <=24.5 both genders
- Hand grip >= 43 males and 26 females
- Push-up >=24 males and 16 females (Modified Push-up for females)
- Curl-up >27 males and 27 females
- 1.5 mile <= 738 secs males and 895 females
note: these details were correct as in 2016. Please consult official sources for up to date admission requirements.
- Other student fitness testing requirements
- Workplace fitness assessments
- Sport science institutions from around the world