Australian Navy Fitness Testing
The Australian Navy requires new recruits to undergo fitness assessments as part of the recruitment process. Below is some information about the fitness requirements and standards. This information is presented for discussion - for up to date information see official sources.
These details were taken from the Navy website, May 2010.
Recruits must pass the RAN Physical Fitness Test before graduating. The Fitness Test will be undertaken in week 3 of training and comprises the following components conducted in sequence:
- Push-up (conducted at a 2 second cadence) or Flexed-arm hang
- Sit ups (conducted at a 3 second cadence)
- 2.4 km run, 500 meter swim or the Beep Test.
The workplace assessment tests listed here are believed to be accurate at the time it was accessed. Testing protocols and standards are often changed. Please see official sources for accurate up to date information. If you have corrections please contact me or use the comments form below.
- All about the Navy PRT and BCA
- Fitness testing for Army, Air Force, Law Enforcement (Police), Fire Department
- general forces tests.
- Videos of forces fitness testing