The MyoTape Body Tape measurement device is a specially designed tape measure suitable for the self-assessment of girth or circumference measurements of any body part, including the arm, thigh, calf, chest, waist, hips.
If you are trying to lose weight or increase muscle bulk, you can use the MyoTape girth measuring tape to keep track of your body measurements and your progress.
FEATURES of the MyoTape
- The official MyoTape body tape measure has a push-button retraction and locking feature ensure snug measurement. The design ensures accurate measurements that can be done by yourself.
- Long lasting vinyl tape with lightweight white plastic body.
- Measures in both inches and cm.
- Measurement range up to 152cm or 60 inches, suitable for most people.
note: the tape measurement units starts at about 4.5cm (1 3/4 inches) - this is not a mistake, it is to account for the width of the unit.
Girth measurements can be used to monitor changes in body composition, and are used in some calculations of muscle mass and body fat levels, such as calculating Waist to Hip Ratio. Read more about Measuring Girths.
How to Use
- Press the button in the center and pull the end of the tape around the body part you wish to measure.
- Lock the rod at the end of the tape into the circular slot.
- Press the button in the center and let the tape retract to a snug fit.
- Read and record your measurement on the outer edge of the tape measure (the end opposite the locked in rod).
The MyoTape is available for purchase on Amazon.
The compact easy to use device can store your measurements of up to 8 different body parts, so you can compare to previous tests.
The Sequoia OrbiTape is very much like the products above. This device can be used by an individual to measure body girths using just one hand, so it is ideal for self-assessment. Measures in both imperial (inch) and metric (cm) up to 60 inches / 152 cm.
- Tape Measure Store
- more tape measures
- Description of standard girth measurement sites
- Using girths to calculate percent body fat
- About body size tests
- List of Body Size Tests