The Polar BodyAge fitness assessment determines a single universal assessment unit with just a few simple tests. The result is your physical body age. The system also provides a personal training program based on the BodyAge results in order to lower the score.
There are other examples of combining the scores of a range of tests in to a single score or fitness index, which has the advantage in providing simple apparently meaningful feedback to the client. A very similar assessment system is FitnessAge. Although with the BodyAge system there is a single fitness measure determined, the results of the individual assessments are also presented.
We have not personally used this system, but for a fitness gym or club such a complete system for assessment may be worth the cost to be able to provide a professional looking service and results to the clients.
Features of the Polar BodyAge Test
- All the testing equipment and analysis done on the provided system
- Only requires a few simple tests.
- Provides detailed assessment of body age based on current fitness levels.
- A personal training program to help lower the body age score.
The Fitness assessment gives an extensive description of the current physical condition. First some personal information is recorded, such as name, age, weight, height and current fitness.
Below are the standard and recommended fitness tests. The system also gives you flexibility to define your own testing protocol for fitness assessment with different measuring equipment.
- Body composition - determines lean body weight and fat percentage using a bioelectric impedance scale.
- Aerobic Fitness - using the Polar Fitness Test to predict VO2max using the Polar heart rate monitor.
- Blood Pressure — a significant health risk factor
- Strength - muscular strength measured using tests such as bicep curls, crunches and wall sit.
- Flexibility - determined using the Sit and Reach flexibility test.
- See a video demonstrating the Polar Age System.
- About the Polar Fitness Test
- Other examples of a single fitness index
- The similar Fitness Age
- Links to other fitness testing products
- more software