Eurofit Fitness Testing Battery (Adults)
The Adult Eurofit Physical Fitness Test Battery is a set of physical fitness tests covering a range of fitness components, designed for testing adults of Europe. This standardized test battery was devised in 1995 by the Council of Europe. There is also the original Eurofit for Children.
The Eurofit for Adults test battery has a few different tests to the children's version. The test battery includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- The 6-min walk or 2 km walk test for aerobic fitness
- Handgrip Test — measures static arm strength
- Sit-and-Reach hamstring and lower back flexibility test (using 15cm at the level of the feet)
- Lateral Side-Bending Flexibility — measuring flexion of the thoracic and lumbar spine and pelvis
- Plate Tapping — tests the speed of limb movement.
- Eurofit, (1993), Eurofit Tests of Physical Fitness, 2nd Edition, Strasbourg
- Oja P, Tuxworth B, eds. Eurofit for Adults: Assessment of Health-Related Fitness. Finland: Council of Europe Publishing; 1995:1-13.
- Eurofit for adults book: Assessment of Health Related Fitness, Council of Europe Publishing.