Water Polo Equipment
Here is a list of the basic equipment required for participant in the sport of water polo.
- water polo pool — a pool specific for water polo, or a swimming pool with marked lanes. The dimensions of a water polo pool are not fixed. They can be between 20 - 30m long by 10 - 20m wide. The depth of the pool must be a minimum of 1.8 meters (which is just a little under 6 feet).
- Goals — the goals are 3 meters wide
- Ball — the water polo ball comes in two sizes - men have a size 5 (circumference 0.7m or 28 inches) and women a size 4 (circumference 0.65m or 26.5 inches)
- Goggles — used for eye protection
- Swimsuit and cap — snug fitting to prevent excessive drag in the water and grabbing by opponents.
- Headgear — to protect the ears