Top-10 Football Clichés
Sports are full of clichés, and football is no exception. If you are a fan of watching football on the TV, you will be well aware of these classic cliches. Here is my top 10 list of favorite football clichés.
- It's never over 'til the referee blows the whistle.
- A win is a win.
- Well that just sums up the night.
- It's a game of two halves.
- They gave 110%.
- He did everything right except for the finish.
- The keeper had it covered.
- They did not deserve to lose today.
- Take it one game at a time.
- That was a great cross it's just a pity no one was there.