The new sport of Ultra-Grav Ball was created by Calvin Laskey of Katy, TX USA in 2021. The sport is a cross of lacrosse and rugby played in a microgravity arena.
Our goal with Ultra-Grav ball is to make the first commercial Space Sport that will increase focus and spending on interplanetary ventures such as our moon and mars missions as well as improvements to our international space station. This is a sport that can start off as an exclusive pass-time for visitors to the International Space Station or moon base and become one of the universe's most loved sports recognized by the whole world and enjoyed around all of the cosmos. This sport even has the potential to grow prosperous and friendly relations with life from other planets and it all starts here.
Equipment Required: Lacrosse Stick, Helmet and body paddin(Lacrosse like body pads)
Here are the guidelines, rules and regulations of Ultra-Grav Ball:
- Two teams will play opposed to each other on a 100 yard long field inside an Ultra-Grav dodecahedron arena where gravity is reduced to 50% of Earth's regular gravity. The arena will be designed with a trampoline like (gymnastic style) floor with latches protruding from walls like for rock climbing. There will be two 15ft high and long rectangular foam blowups in the center of the field 15 yards apart from each other that will also have latches on each side so it can be climbed. Between these there will be 4 lanes of rope 6 rows deep each 3 yards apart from each other that will hang 6 ft above the ground.
- There will be 10 players per team on the field at once with up to 5 players on the sideline for substitutions. 9 field players and one goalie.
- Will be a mixture of rugby and lacrosse
- Each team will have one ball they are to defend and get into the other team's goal. â Once one team scores another ball will spawn near said team's side of the arena.
- Players will be padded up (including helmets). Each player has the choice to use lacrosse sticks to carry the ball as well as utilize them to defend their goal and score or they can use their bare hands.
- 2 points for goal by hand. 5 points for goal by stick and 10 points for goal by foot.
- Every two minutes strong wind current will be released from the ground in ifly fashion that will allow players to levitate and be lifted off the ground for aerial play.
- There will be four 14 minute quarters with 2 minute breaks between quarters Â½ and Â¾ plus a 15 minute halftime.
- When a team acquires the opposing team's ball the team with no ball will lose 5 points per minute they are without their ball. If said team has no points then the team with two balls acquires 5 points per minute.
- Each team will have three two minute timeouts per quarter that will reset balls and allot time for substitutions.
- When timeout is called teams have 30 seconds to get to their sideline or 5 points will be deducted from their score. If they have 0 points they will lose a timeout, if they have neither timeout nor points 5 points will be added to other teams score.
- Ball will be slightly bigger than the average lacrosse ball.
- Everything in arena is open to be used to win the game and all is enabled by players to ensure victory except: purposeful disabling moves (strike to head, groin,butt or neck)
- No choking
- No removing of helmets.
- No roughing the goalie.
- No arm bars or leg locks.
- Goals will be 11x11mm
- The team with the highest score at the end wins.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- See our large list of other New Sports
- R-World Future Sports
- Complete list of unusual sports