Stupid Robot Fighting
The new sport of Stupid Robot Fighting was created by John Espin of New Zealand in January 2017. Stupid Robot Fighting League is an ultra low-tech robot fighting league. It's so low tech that the robots are basically humanoid shaped hanging sculptures. They are held together with wire and are controlled by poles attached to the hands and feet of the robot.
Equipment Required: Octagon frame, 2 robots, 4 foot poles, 4 hand poles, 2 lab coats, 2 safety glasses, 2 stools, timer.
The robots are suspended in an octagon frame with a central track that allows both robots to freely roll back and forth.
The robot operator holds onto the hand poles and pushes and pulls to operate the hands. The same thing happens with the foot poles except that shoes are screwed to the foot poles.
So two people push and pull to kick and punch the other person's robot.
- There are 3 rounds of two minutes per round.
- It's similar to boxing except nobody gets their brains damaged.
- If your robot loses a limb then you must safely remove the limb from the octagon.
- If your robot loses it's head that is considered as a knockout. If you get knocked out twice you lose.
- At the end of each round you can reattach any missing limbs or the head.
- Should a round finish with no knockout the round winner will go to a vote.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other New Sports
- See the video of stupid robot fighting
- About Robot Combat Fighting the Sport
- Complete list of unusual sports