Simple Cricket is a new sport created by Idan Avni from Israel in July 2019. The sport is a simple version of cricket meant to be played in a span of under an hour and with fewer rules so its more fun and fast-paced.
Equipment Required: A bat, A Ball, A wicket
- The field is a round area with a pitch in the middle.
- A batsman stands across from the bowler on the pitch.
- The goal of the game is to score as many points as possible.
- The game starts after a coin toss. The team that wins the toss can elect to field or bat first.
- The fielding team shall have 4 players in the field and one bowler.
- The bowler will roll the ball on the pitch.
- The batsman will have to hit the ball with his bat.
How to get the batsman out:
- Behind the batsman is a wicket.
- The bowler can get the batsman out by hitting the wicket with his roll. (Thrown Out)
- If the batsman hits the ball a catch by a fielder also gets him out.
- If the ball touches the field a fieldsman will have to through the ball on the wicket to get the batsman out.
- If the batsman hits the ball he is eligible to score.
- He must run from one side of the pitch to the other to score a point.
- He can do this as many times as he wants until a ball hits the wicket.
- This scores one point.
- If the ball hits the walls of the field 4 points are scored
- If the ball goes out of the field 6 points are scored.
- The offensive team will keep batting in a set order until all five batsmen are out.
- Then the teams will switch sides and the fielding team will try to pass the teams score.
- If a game is tied after both teams have bat (known as an inning) both teams will play again but with only one batsman. The team which fielded first will bat.
- The process is repeated until there is a winner.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- See other New Sports
- About the sport of Cricket
- Complete list of unusual sports