The new sport of Retball was created by Danny Varley from England in 2014. Retball is a 9 a side team sport were the goal is to get the circular shaped ball to the opposing teams end zone which will result in getting a point.
Equipment Required - Two end zones, one circle ball and 9 players on each side.
- Retball is played on a 100 m long 60 m wide pitch and the rules are as follows:
- You are allowed to tackle (use contact)
- No off ball tackles (so if you bounce the ball then you are not allowed to tackle the person)
- Passing can go anywhere apart from out; if it goes out it is the other teams ball from where it went out.
- Kicking can also go anywhere apart from out.
- You have to touch the ball on the line (or 6 metres after it) to score.
- If you have been tackled (and fall on the floor) you are allowed to get up but you have to pass or kick (and if you have been tackled you can't move once you've got up).
- There is no offside rule in the sport.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other new sports
- Complete list of unusual sports