The new sport of Manus was created by Hunter Hiller from Ohio USA in September 2015. Manus is a fun and rough sport, that you can play with your family and friends. It also requires skills such as speed, strength and focus. Manus is played on a square field, there are two sides - the running side and the tackling side.
Positions - Running Side
- 'ball protector' who's job is to run or kick or throw the ball into the scoring zone which is located at the end of the field.
- 'the side' who's job is to protect the ball protector and make sure the ball protector scores.
- 'the middle' who's job is to also protect the ball protector.
Positions - Tackling Side
- 'the taker' who's job is to tackle the ball protector and make sure the ball protector doesn't score.
- 'tackling middle' who's job is to tackle the middle on the running side and make sure the middle on the running side doesn't protect the ball protector.
- 'tackling side' who's job is to tackle the side on the running side and make sure the side doesn't protect the ball protector.
If the ball protector drops the ball anyone can try to kick it into the scoring zone or pick it up and run it into the scoring zone. If a player bites or kicks or head butts another player they will be kicked out of the game. You can tackle players and you can only block by hitting with your forearm.
equipment required: Manus ball (Hard small pillow shaped ball) Dri-fit jersey and A mouthpiece and Padded pants, Manus gloves (leather padded sports gloves) knee pads and elbow pads and Cleats.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other new sports
- Complete list of unusual sports