HookBall is a new sport created by Matthew Watson and a friend in April 2021. They are from the USA. Hookball is a court-based game played on a basketball court, is 6 ft (or more) and is based on strength, speed, and it is also a good way to get exercise. It can be played as 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, but both teams will have up to a usual 20 members.
Description of HookBall
It's a court based game played on a basketball court; the half point circle is the serving zone, then the square in front of the basketball hoop is the point zone, and then in between is the free throw zone. The attacker (server) will run back to his/her spot and then the opponet(s); then as each team tries to score points the defenders can block the ball, pass it to the attacker who then will step into the free throw zone and then throw it until (back, forth) until he/she scores a point or it becomes the opponets ball. Once a team reaches 10 points it's finished, that team wins and then they'd move on to the next round; but after each game both teams have to say thank you, shake hands as a sign of respect among each other for their skills, like I said in the summary it can be played as 1v1,2v2 or 3v3. To fully understand you'd want to view it in person.
Rules of HookBall
- Server has to start in the serving circle (serve zone)
- Attacker has to be outside the point zone
- Defense has to be on either (or both) side of the attacker
- Defense can pass the ball to the attacker
- When defense is passing the ball they can only hold it for at least 10-15 seconds
- Attacker can not throw the ball until opponent(s) are in their spots
- Each square of the point zone is '1' point
- Total point limit is '10' points
- If ball goes outside court it's the opponent's ball to serve
- If ball goes to the other side of the court it's the opponent's ball
- Until ball is off court it's free throws -(free throw zone is between the serve, point zones)
- Shooting the ball before the opponent is ready or making physical contact with opponent player is a foul to said player.
- If player gets 5 fouls then they'll be benched.
- Each team gets only 2 timeouts.
- After the game both teams have to shake hands with each other,say thank you for the game as a sign of respect for each other's skill.
Equipment Required: ball.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- See our large list of other New Sports
- Complete list of unusual sports