The new sport of The Golden Goal was created by Mohammed Babiker and Ahmed Babiker from Sudan in 2014.
The IDEA: As a football player, I think football is more interesting game because it needs high skills and physical fitness to be done well. So, as we see during football matches, the skilled players sometimes can score difficult goals by kicking the ball from different positions in the play field specially when they are not facing the goal directly. So, my idea is a game of scoring a goal when the player is not facing the goal using direct free kick.
Sometimes people can not play football as competitors because they became old, they have no opportunities to join clubs or they exposed to previous injuries during playing previous football matches. So, the suggested game doesn't need more physical fitness or movement as well as the players will not be exposed to injures and there will be a competition between them.
Also the game can be practiced by male or female players of all ages and the competition will be between two players or two groups of players.
The suggested game
The suggested game is derived from the main football game of eleven players and it consist of the following elements: a playing field, players, two goals, a ball, referees.
The game is scoring direct free kick goal played by the player who has the ability to score a goal when he is completely not facing the goal and there is a far distance between him and the goal, that is to say, kicking the ball in nearly a curve path towards the goal.
- The match is played by two players or two groups of competitors players but the players have the opportunity to kick the ball one after another.
- The player has the right to kick the ball with his left or right foot and also he has the right to choose any one of the two paths (see the enclosed figure) through which the ball will take its way to the goal.
- The ball before kicking must be in its position mark (see the enclosed figure) in the same line where there are two goals of 2.44 height and 5m width placed in.
- When a player scores a goal,the next kick is taken by the other player.
- The goal is scored when the ball touches the net that fixed inside the goal between the goalposts and under the crossbar.
- The player kicks the ball towards his competitor goal and he must take care not to score a goal in his own goal.
- If the player scored a goal in his own goal, the scored goal must be won for the other competitor player but he has the opportunity to take the next kick.
- Every player has 10 kicks in each half the the total halves is two.
- The goal is empty and no goalkeeper.
- The match must be controlled by main referee and two assistant referees and they have proposed certain positions as shown in the enclosed figure.
- The goal is the same as found in the stadium which consist of upright posts joined with the crossbar but the inside net must be fixed in the goalposts and crossbar and anchored to the ground in the straight line between the two goalposts.
- the ball must be has the same quality and measurement like the normal ball used in football matches of eleven players and the player equipments are: short,shirt,socks,and foot shoes.
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other new sports
- Complete list of unusual sports