Gatepassing is a new sport created by Scott Pontzious from San Jose, CA in January 2020. Gatepassing is a sport of trust and inginuety, played along two long fences across a field, with a basket at each end of the fence.
Equipment Required: An inflated leather gate passing ball, a 4.5 ft high fence, the fence being maybe 8 to ten ft in length. And a very sturdy connected to the ground basket, so as for spiking.
There are two long fences across a field, with a basket at each end of the fence, there are as many rounds as you like, with a team of about 5 to 10 players and a coach, and a referee for each fence, the basket should be a different color for each side. Each player can sub out once or even twice. You will need to say catch it each time you pass, and when the two of you reach the basket one will have to say spike it.
- 3 rounds/ 10 minutes a round
- Flags for improper flag throwing or illegal early spiking
- The more you cooperate the more points you get
- up to 20 to 40 points a round
- if by some chance you are tied at the the end of three rounds, there will be a sudden death round where as the first team to spike the ball in the basket after the catching process, .. Wins!! Hooray!!!
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- See other New Sports
- About the sport of Cricket
- Complete list of unusual sports