The new sport of Footup was created by Alexandre Nshimirimana from Burundi in 2018. Footup is played like Volleyball but using the legs instead of hands.
Equipment Required: the playing field is one meter larger at the all sides compared to a volleyball court, a net like the one of volleyball, sneakers and sports clothes, a t-shirt and a shorts.
To start the game, a startkick is received by an opponent team by hands one kick, or a leg, one kick, before lands on the soil or by a leg only after it bounces one time, then passes with legs, 3 passes maximum and they smash down the ball down over the net to the opponent soil to score. That adversary team arrest the smash by hands or legs three touches to reduce the ball force the three passes of legs maximum and smash down to the opponent team's soil. Now it is cyclic. To make a long story very short, it is volleyball of feet to exercise so much legs.
- Any contact of the ball with the soil of one's zone except the one bounce of the start kick is one point for the opposition team
- Any touch at the net is one point for the opponent
- Any kick landing outside the field is one point for the other team
- Any pass over the maximum mentioned is one point for the adversary team
- Time: one hour and a rest of 10 minutes
- Six players for each team and 3 can be replaceable
Rate this Sport
What do you think about this 'sport'? Please rate it on its potential.
- Other New Sports
- Complete list of unusual sports