Crab soccer (in the United States and Australia) or crab football (in the United Kingdom) is an informal sport that is played by two teams. The objective of the game is for the players to kick an inflated ball into a goal to score points.
In crab soccer, the players can play with a regular soccer ball, but most of the time it is played with a large inflated ball. Unlike regular soccer, the players will move around on their hands and their feet, face up, and this will make them look like crabs. This is also a method which is known as crabwalking.
Crab soccer can be played outdoors or indoors in a gymnasium. The game is usually played by children. Just like regular soccer, the goalkeeper is the only one who can touch the ball using their hands. Also, only the goalkeeper can stand upright.
- Association Football — more commonly known as Football or Soccer. It is the world's most popular sport, played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. The game is played on a rectangular field with a goal at each end. The object is to score by using any part of the body except the arms and hands to get the ball into the opposing goal.
- Kin-Ball — played with three teams and a large inflated ball.
- Circle Rules Football — played on a circular field with one central goal in which teams score in opposing directions using a large inflated yoga ball.
- About football (general)
- Football Decoder — what is called football around the world?
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports