Robot Soccer is a robot sport, where robot machines compete against each other in a variation of the game of Association Football (soccer). In robot soccer, each team is fully autonomous - once the game starts the only input from any human is from the referee.
The main robot soccer competition is the RoboCup, which is short for "Robot Soccer World Cup". The international tournament, organized by the Federation of International Robot-soccer Association (FIRA), has been held annually since 1997.
Robot Soccer does not fit in the definition of a real sport as it is not a human physical activity, but is included on this list of sports due to similarities to football.
- Association Football (soccer)
- Combat Robot — involves custom-built remote control machines fighting each other.
- More about Robot Sports — sporting competitions involve robot machines battling other robots, often replicating the rules and equipment of sports
- About football (general)
- Football Decoder — what is called football around the world?
- what is a sport?
- questionable sports
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports