Freerunning is a version of Parkour that adds acrobatic moves that are purely aesthetic, also known as tricking. Freerunning may also be written as Free running or FR. It may seem very similar to parkour, but it emphasises the flashy side of the sport.
The discipline of Freerunning was founded by Sébastien Foucan, who started what he termed "freerunning" in 2003.
- Parkour — activity involving overcoming obstacles in an urban space.
- Tricking — performers combine martial arts movements with flips, kicks, twists and various dance moves to show off their tricks.
- Obstacle Course Racing — an event requiring an athlete to run through a variety of different obstacles.
- Chase Tag — a chaser has 20 seconds to tag an evader as they race around an obstacle course.
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports
- What is a sport?