Freestyle BMX is one of the most popular bicycle motocross stunt riding sport done using BMX bikes. It is an extreme sport that is performed by riders on mainly five disciplines of BMX racing which are flatland, trails, street, vert and park. The freestyling sport came into existence in the year 1975 when kids started riding bikes in the concrete reservoir channels of San Diego, California.
Today, the freestyle BMX riders take part in several well organized disciplines. However, in other forms of freestyle riding there are no specific set of rules, skills and creativity.
This sport includes various types of air tricks such as tabletop, superman, superman seat grab, tail whip, bar spin, backflip, front flip, flair, decade and many more on a BMX bicycle in an extraordinary manner. This popular extreme sport is being widely played in many countries across the world.
- Bicycle Motocross (BMX) — a cycle sport that involves BMX bikes.
- Freestyle Motocross — competition based upon points for acrobatic ability on an MX bike over jumps.
- There is also a mountain bike version of slopestyle.
- BMX Freestyle is a Summer Olympics event from 2020
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports