The team will only be successful in this sport if all its participants have the ability to work together and navigate the course mentally as well as physically with ease. The length of the race can vary, adventure races can run over few hours or for many days.
The roots of adventure racing are really deep and lead to some point of the two-day Karrimor International Mountain Marathon that was first held in the year 1968. It was also the birth of modern adventure racing.
- About Adventure Sports
- Kayaking — boat races using a small, narrow boat propelled using a double-bladed paddle.
- Running — running races can range from short sprints to ultra-marathons
- Cross Country Running — individuals or teams run races which involve courses over natural terrain
- Mountain Biking — held on steep and rough terrain, involving jumps, rock gardens, and other obstacles.
- Orienteering — participants find their way to various checkpoints across rough country with the aid of a map and compass, the winner being the one with the lowest elapsed time.
- Obstacle Course Racing — an event requiring an athlete to run through a variety of different obstacles.
- Skyrunning — a running sport in which athletes compete on a course that leads through mountains.