Home of Ice Hockey
(note: this information is for the sport of Ice Hockey, not Field Hockey)
- what is ice hockey called? [Jun '20]
- 3x3 Ice Hockey [Jan '20]
- 2019 Combine results [May '18]
- Warm Up for Hockey [Aug '18]
- Fitness components for ice hockey [Jul '18]
- Combine results for 2016, 2017, 2018
- women v men in ice hocey [April '16]
- NHL Combine top results for 2015, 2014 and 2013 [Jun '11]
- 2012 Combine results and attendees [May '12]
- NHL Entry Draft Combine Annual Results Analysis [Jun '11]
Hockey is a fast paced team sport placed on ice, requiring good levels of skill, speed, agility and endurance. Players skate on ice at high speeds, with an curved end stick, and attempt to shoot a three-inch wide puck into a 72-inch wide net. Not only that, while trying to do that, they are being pushed and shoved by defenders trying to stop them.
The pinnacle of Ice Hockey is the Stanley Cup competition. This has been awarded since 1894, originally called Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup. The original bowl was retired in 1969 because it was brittle. The trophy is a silver bowl atop a plinth, which has the names of all the past winners engraved. The plinth is extended as required.
- On this site you will find an introduction to hockey
- Read about Ice Hockey at the Winter Olympics.
- Physics of Hockey
- All about fitness testing for hockey, including details of the NHL draft and SPARQ fitness testing.
- Warming Up for Hockey
- what is ice hockey called around the world?
- Hockey Quotes
- Women playing the men in professional ice hockey
- There are versions of hockey played underwater - underwater ice hockey, octopush
- There are some books for sale in the online Hockey Store plus much more.
- See about the sport of Field Hockey as there are many similarities between these two sports.
- Ice Hockey Videos
- About Ice Hockey at the Winter Olympics.
- ice hockey polls
- Rate your Hockey Heroes
- Some Ice Hockey Photos
- Can we determine who is the greatest ever ice hockey player?
- Head2Head: how does ice hockey compare to field hockey?
- Funny Ice Hockey