The Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir is a sports stadium located in Colombes, near Paris. The main sports the stadium is used for is rugby, track and association football. The stadium is also called the Stade Olympique de Colombes, or to the locals it is simply Colombes.
The Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir was the main stadium at the 1924 Summer Olympics Games held in Paris, hosting the athletics events, and many other other sports.
Major Events Held at the Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir
Here are just some of the major events that have been held at Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir in Paris:
- 1924 Paris Summer Olympic Games.
- The 1938 FIFA World Cup Final between Italy and Hungary.
- The stadium was named in memory of French rugby player Yves du Manoir.
- The stadium was portrayed in the 1981 film Escape to Victory starring Sylvester Stallone and Michael Caine.
- The Olympic races involving Harold Abrahams and Eric Liddell, portrayed in the film Chariots of Fire, were run at this stadium, although the actual stadium was not used for the film.
- Olympic Games stadiums
- Other stadiums in France
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Sport in France