There are many hundreds of journals published in the field of sport science (some of them are listed here). You would never be able to read all of them, and the cost to have access to a large number of them is also prohibitive. Below are a few peer-reviewed journals that are published online and have free access. There may not have the reputation of some of the more well known journals, but at least you can freely have a look at what is published.
- Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (JSSM) — a free non-profit making scientific electronic online journal, publishing research and review articles and case studies in the fields of sports medicine and the exercise sciences. It is published quarterly in March, June, September and December each year.
- SportScience — a peer reviewed online journal and website for sport research.
- The Sport Journal — a quarterly refereed electronic online sports journal published by the United States Sports Academy.
- The Open Sports Sciences Journal — an Open Access online journal which publishes research articles and reviews in all areas of sports sciences
- Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (JISSN) is a peer-reviewed journal that covers various aspects of sports nutrition, supplementation, exercise metabolism, and/or scientific policies related to sports nutrition.
- Annals of Applied Sport Science (Ann. Appl. Sport Sci.), publishing Sports Science articles in English from the International Scientific Research Group (ISRG), Iran. Start year 2013.
If you think there are journals that should be listed here, let me know.
- Large list of journals in the sport sciences
- sport science conference calendar
- publications by Rob Wood
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.