Who do you think is the fittest: Johnson or Schwarzenegger?
Can you compare the fitness of a sprinter and a body builder, Ben Johnson or Arnold Schwarzenegger? Probably not very well, but here we are giving it a go. These two athletes are linked through their links to the use of artificial enhancements. After well over 1500 voters so far, the sprinter is a clear winner. See some of the interesting comments below.
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- Other Athletics Polls
- More fitness polls
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
- suggest a poll
- Head 2 Head - more sports comparisons
The following are some comments from voters in the poll. The clear winner of the poll was Ben Johnson, though the comments were more evenly divided. For some it came down to who was the more 'natural', and they couldn't even decide on that.
- I reckon Ben Johnson was a lot fitter than Arnold, because Arnie's just a body builder
- Arnold did not take drugs to get his physique and therefore did not endanger his future health
- They both used steroids. How do you/we define 'fittest'? How do we define 'prime?'
- Ben Johnson is all around fit cardio and muscular and he probably has more power too
- Ben Johnson was on steroids and I don't think Arnold was
- Anyone who says anything about Arnold not doing anything aerobic or not being an athlete is a total fatty. Arnold would work out 4 hours a day, six days a week.
- At least Ben was doing some sort of aerobic activity
- Ben J was more cardiovascular fit than Arnold
- Arnold was on drugs and not an athlete
- I think anyone who can do what Ben Johnson can do is fit in my book
- Arnold is in better shape because of being more natural