Below are just some sporting heroes that have been suggested. Other heroes that have been suggested have made it to the hero rating pages. Tell us about your hero.
- My Hero: Rafael Nadal Sport: Tennis.
Why?: 2nd highest Grandslam winner.
Suggested by: Parimi Vikas
- My Hero: RONALDO.
Why?: HE IS THE WORLD BEST FOOTBALLER IN 2019.
Suggested by: HENRY FERANMI (Nov 2019)
- My Hero: Sue Sally Hale.
Why?: She is credited with breaking the gender barrier in the sport of polo when after 20 years of trying and sometimes dressing as a man to play, she was finally accepted into the all male governing body of the sport, the United States Polo Association. She had a 50 year career in the sport and became Polo's Grande Dame.
Suggested by: Stormie Hale (Oct 2019)
- My Hero: Cristiano Ronaldo Sport: SOCCER Why?: Because he is great player and won many trophies and awards for him self. Suggested by: SAKPO SOLOMON (Aug 2019)
- My Hero: lsmail matar Sport: foot ball Why?: Because he is a good hot player (Jan 2019)
- My Hero: Eden Hazard Sport: football Why?: because he is skill and a potential footballer,he is very fast and creat goal chance for his team mate oooo i luv him...... Suggested by: dakut theophilus (Dec 2017)
- My Hero: Kelly Smith Sport: Football Why?: The first professional player I ever saw, who didn't play like a "girl"! She was a professional footballer Suggested by: Spazzy (Dec 2017)
- My Hero: Derrick Rose Sport: Basketball Why?: He has had so many injuriesnad he still plays and tries his best he averaged 18.0 PPG last season and he tries more than a human to be the best he can. Suggested by: Makis Asvestas (Aug 2017)
- My Hero: Jamaal Charles Sport: American football Why?: He is so good at football and I look up to him a lot anyway others would to for the Denver Broncos and the nfl itself. Suggested by: Nathan wheeler (May 2017)
- My Hero: Virat Sport: Crickets Why?: Virat is excelencer performance virat has very good ranking like in ipl 1'st rank in world cup t20 test odi 2'nd rank Suggested by: Srinivas (Feb 2017)
- My Hero: Angel Di Maria Sport: football / soccer Why?: He's the holy one Suggested by: jacob uddin (Jan 2017)
- My Hero: christiana ronaldo Sport: Football
- My Hero: kareem abdul jabbar Sport: basketball Why?: exceptional talent. well educated. An activist for social and civil change. Suggested by: clyde cummings (Sept 2016)
- My Hero: Christiano Ronaldo Sport: Football Why?: B'se He Has Creativity,skills And Good Interpersonal Relationship Suggested by: Boss Khey (May 2016)
- My Hero: Steven Gerrard Sport: Football Why?: He is a Liverpool legend and loved by all the fans. An ispiration to us all Suggested by: Mathew (Feb 2016)
- My Hero: Usain Bolt Sport: Track and Field Why?: He is very fast. Suggested by: L L (Feb 2016)
- My Hero: Robert Leewandowski Sport: Football Why?: Robert Lewandowski is a fantastic Polish footballer who plays as a striker for Bayern Munich and the Polish national team, which is the captain. During his career he also represented the colors of the Delta Warsaw, reserves Legia Warsaw, Znicz Pruszkow, Lech Poznan and Borussia Dortmund. In the German Cup final three goals to Bayern Munich, helping to win the title by Borussia Dortmund. At the same time top scorer edition of the German Cup 2011/2012 (7 goals) and one of three players in the history of the tournament, who achieved a hat-trick in the final match. Generally, in the 2011/2012 season, Lewandowski played in 47 games in all competitions, scoring 30 goals. 22nd of September 2015 in a league match for Bayern against Wolfsburg ended 5: 1, Robert Lewandowski came off the bench early in the second half and in just nine minutes to score five goals (51 ', 52', 55 ', 57' and 60 'minute of the match ). Polish striker broke with the number of records. It was the fastest hat-trick in Bundesliga history. His 5 goals also scored the fastest goal in the history of the four strongest leagues in Europe (German, Italian, Spanish and English) Suggested by: Bethany (Dec 2015)
- My Hero: cristiano ronaldo Sport: soccer Why?: because he has break so many record Suggested by: mahammud (Nov 2015)
- My Hero: Virat kohil, Dhoni Sport: Cricket Suggested by: RENUKA (Sept 2015)
- My Hero: Sergio Aguero Sport: Soccer Suggested by: anonomus (July 2015)
- My Hero: Christiano Ronaldo Sport: real mardid Why?: He is the best and so talented in football Suggested by: olubello Emmanuel.
- My Hero: Marouane Fellaini Sport: Football/Soccer` Why?: He's a legend. He has scored some of the best goals ever. Suggested by: Yaya Toure.
- My Hero: hossein bolt Sport: athletics Why?: He is the fastest man on the planet now
- My Hero: rohit sharma Sport: cricket Why?: Because he play very fine cricket Suggested by: kirty kumar sunny (Jan 2015)
- My Hero: Ronaldo Sport: soccer Why?: talented in classic footworks Suggested by: vincent (Dec 2014)
- My Hero: Norman Ware Sport: Australian Football Why?: Because he was great footballer and a splendid man as well. He won a Brownlow when it was not that easy to do so. I think he was a lovable man Suggested by: Brian Pullen (Nov 2014)
- My Hero: Brian Lara Sport: Cricket Why?: The reason why Brian Lara is my sporting hero is because he had good attitude on and off the cricket pitch. He was a good role model to cricket. Classy player. And is very inspirational batsman. Suggested by: Reon (July 2014)
- My Hero: Jessica Ennis Sport: Swimming Why?: Because she always keeps on going and going Suggested by: Chelicerae (June 2014)
- My Hero: Neil Armstrong Sport: astronaut Why?: to be an astronaut is tough. you must be smart, or really smart (hold a phd in physics or the likes) , physically tough, i.e. able to withstand extreme g's or unbelievable rotations per minute (Gemini ?), able to make extreme decisions (neil's on landing on the moon), and realize that there was a 1 in 3 to 1 in 7 chance you would come back alive. think about the ratio of alive astronauts to dead and compare it to any other so called hero sport. Suggested by: Patrick Lang (Jan 2014)
- My Hero: Rhys Dowling Sport: Squash Why?: Only National Squash Champ to come out of Darwin and career includes 6 times Australian Junior Age Squash Champion · Current Australian Junior U19 Champion · Current Australian Junior U21 #1 ranking · Double Gold Medalist Arafura Games 2011 · Squash Australia Junior Athlete of the year 2009, 2012 · NTIS Junior Athlete of the year 2012/13 · NT Junior Sportsperson of the year 2012 · Represented Australia in World Junior Championships in 2012 and more recently Trans Tasman Test winning Team 2014 Suggested by: Squash Player Darwin (Jan 2014)
- My Hero: Rahul Dravid,
Why?: he is a classical player and he was one of the best player in the cricket history,
Suggested by: mohamed tahirsha
- My Hero: Andrew Strauss,
Why?: Because he got very high scores and got a very good Test average.
Suggested by: Tom Horne.
- My Hero: Neymar,
Why?: He is the skillful player and he entertain supports,
Suggested by: Sikho
- My Hero: Cristiano ronaldo,
Why?: Best skill,
Suggested by: Karan (June 2013)
- My Hero: luis suarez,
Why?: he is sooo good,
Suggested by: corey. (May 2013)
- My Hero: Casta Semenya,
Sport: comrades marathon,
Why?: she never gives up no matter how hard it is,
Suggested by: Elsa (Apr 2013)
- My Hero: Floyd Maywheather jr. Sport: Boxing,
Why?: Because he has never been defeated in his 19 years of professional career. World Champion in 6 divisions and the most skillful boxer in the sport. Suggested by: Alex Bocanegra.
- My Hero: Jonathan Quick Sport: Hockey
Why?: 1-He led the LA Kings to the Stanley Cup.
2-He won the Conn Smythe Cup.
Suggested by: Adam (Jan 2013)
- My Hero: Brian Charles Lara Sport: Cricket,
Why?: One of the most exciting batsman of the game. A true genius and a very skillful player. most of his career he was struggling with a mediocre team but his individual performance was ever commendable. He holds the highest score in Test, a mammoth 400 not out. He also made a 375 and a 501 in county cricket.
Suggested by: Haimanta (Dec 2012)
- My Hero: Meme Saens,
Why?: president of federation in Mexico,
Suggested by: egg
- My Hero: Justin Verlander,
Why?: he is the number one pitcher in baseball today,
Suggested by: jacob (Dec 2012)
- My Hero: cristiano ronaldo Sport: football,
Why?: charity actions,
Suggested by: pedro (Oct 2012)
- My Hero: ronaldinho,
Why?: best striker,
Suggested by: black d (Oct 2012)
- My Hero: Zlatan Ibrahimovic,
Sport: Soccer (obviously it's called football but this is an American site so ... )
Why?: Zlatan is in my opinion the most complete soccer player right now. His skills are unmatched and he scores. Suggested by: Selle (Oct 2012)
- My Hero: Rafeal Nadal,
Why?: His is just awesome and amazing. And he is clay court king. Nobody can't beat his clay court records,
Suggested by: Prakash (Oct 2012)
- My Hero: Wayne Rooney Sport: Football,
Why?: I think that Wayne rooney is a fantastic football player he has great football technics! and his footwork around the ball and the pitch are amazing.
Suggested by: Cody Leigh Riches
- My Hero: Andy Murray Sport: tennis,
Why?: he ended a 76 year wait for a British tennis grand slam winner, Suggested by: sam
- My Hero: Lebron James,
Why?: He has many charities and is very good at his sport
- My Hero: walter payton Sport: football,
Why?: he is the best of all time no one could tackle him,
Suggested by: bob (Aug 2012)
- My Hero: Ayrton Senna. Sport: Motor Racing.
Why?: A skillful, role model who gave away millions to charity and was known throughout Brazil as more than a racing driver.
Suggested by: Merve (Aug 2012)
- My Hero: Parks Bonifay,
Why?: Because he created the way that we ride today,
Suggested by: Bill (July 2012)
- My Hero: michael jordan,
Why?: because he is a good role modal
Suggested by: jerry lozano.
- My Hero: john elway,
Why?: because he was a good role modal and he always had a good attitude. Suggested by: jerry lozano.
- My Hero: Derek Redmond,
Sport: former runner,
Why?: He is an example of courage, example of not giving up. Example of crossing the line no matter what. Suggested by: mayra
- My Hero: Mario balotelli,
Why?: He is Good
- My Hero: Hulk Hogan,
Why?: Hogan knows best,
Suggested by: Trapster
- My Hero: RONALDO Sport: SOCCER,
Why?: HE IS AGOOD STRIKER.,
Suggested by: ROHAN (Apr 2012)
- My Hero: Thierry Henry,
Sport: Football (Soccer),
Why?: He is the greatest player ever and he is a great inspiration to everyone.
Suggested by: Matthew
- My Hero: Emile Heskey Sport: Football,
Why?: He is an absolute tank.
Suggested by: Luke
- My Hero: phil kessel. Sport: ice hockey.
Why?: he scores a lot of goals.
Suggested by: bob (Jan 2012)
- My Hero: Sophie Smith. Sport: Swimming.
Why?: Because she is an inspiration to all swimmers.
Suggested by: Georgia Amison (Jan 2012)
- My Hero: natalie de toit Sport: swimming (Jan 2012)
- My Hero: PAUL SCHOLES.
Why?: FOOTBALL LEGEND.
Suggested by: NIK JOEL (Nov 2011)
- My Hero: Didier Drogba.
Why?: he is a natural player with skill and talent. Suggested by: tom harris (Nov 2011)
- My Hero: rocky marciano Sport: boxing
Why?: legendary slugger influenced the rocky balboa films.
Suggested by: lewis jones (Nov 2011)
- My Hero: Ronaldinho Sport: football,
Why?: best player in the whole world, His skill going past people, he made it look easy. His shots his crossing, everything he did was the best, its unfortunate that he retired. Ronaldinho at his best was better then any other player in the world, he's better then ronaldo, messi and even pele.(Nov 2011).
- My Hero: James Hird,
Why?: 5 time best and fairest, premiership captain of 2000 Essendon side, one of the greatest players of AFL.
Suggested by: Tim
- My Hero: Mary King,
Sport: Horse Riding,
Why?: Mary King is my sporting hero because she became a famous horse rider from nothing. She earnt the money to convert a couple of cattle sheds into her own stables by doing jobs such as being s meat deliverer for a butcher. When she earnt enough money she converted them and bought a few horses. She brought them on until they were fit three-day eventers. She even managed to recover from a career threatening injury. She has won badminton horse trials and also competed and placed in the top 5 in burghley, badminton and the kentucky 4*. These are all 4* tracks.
Suggested by: Lucy
- My Hero: Owen Franks,
Why?: because he's one of he best tight head props in the world.
Suggested by: Faavae Sila (Aug 2011).
- My Hero: Shawn Johnson,
Why?: She competed in the 2008 Olympics at the age of 16 and is making a comeback for the 2012 Olympics after she had a major ACL injury. Suggested by: Alyssa (July 2011).
- My Hero: Muralitharan,
Why?: Because he is legend in cricket.
Suggested by: Shafran (June 2011).
- My Hero: Mario Lemieux.
Sport: ice hockey.
Why?: 1) had phenomenal stats comparable or near those of Wayne Gretzky's.,
2) Performed exceptionally well in his 30s despite debilitating back injuries,
3) won Stanley Cup (with cast of teammates who were not that strong) and international tournaments (with exceptional teammates such as Gretzky),
4) made a come back in top shape after a 3 year retirement period,
5) personally groomed next superstar Sid Crosby.
Suggested by: Philippe Derome (April 2011).
- My Hero: Steven Gerrard.
Why?: He was born and bred Liverpool. He is a true sign that the passion in football is still there, by rejecting transfers to other top flight teams that could offer him a lot more than Liverpool, being money and silverware, yet he stays loyal to his club regardless of the problems. Not only is it his personality that makes him a hero, but it is also his ability. Countless times has he saved the club from a nightmare.
Suggested by: Aaron Lees (April 2011).
- My Hero: Brent Harvey.
Why?: Because he is a legend of the game. He is so small but he continues to help his team.
Suggested by: Campbell Macdonald (April 2011)
- My Hero: Emma Snowsil.
Why?: Because she won Australia's first triathlon gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, and she won it by the largest margin in Olympic history.
Suggested by: Molly (Mar 2011)
- My Hero: Victor Matfield.
Sport: rugby union.
Why?: best in his position.
Suggested by: brian alainuuese. (Feb 2011)
- My Hero: John Wall.
Sport: basketball (Washington Wizards).
Why?: he's a great player, he shares the ball all the time he loves his job. (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Thierry Henry.
Why?: Thierry Henry has won the French Super Cup, FA Premier League, FA Cup, FA Community Shield, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Football Championship FIFA Confederations Cup.
Suggested by: Tim O'Sullivan (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Randy Couture.
Sport: MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
Why?: Randy Couture is a sporting hero because of the Heart, determination and will to win. This is what has made him a 5 time UFC champion in two different weight classes.
Nicknamed the "Natural" because of his great fighting ability Randy couture has fought against the best and beaten many against all odds. Randy rarely enters a fight where he is not the underdog, yet through his adaptability, mental toughness, conditioning and master stratagys he finds a way to win.
Randy couture has done a lot for the Sport of MMA, he has helped it become a mainstream sport and gain a lot of recognition. Randy couture also holds a black belt in submission grappling and has taken part in many greco roman wrestling competitions.
Randy couture is an inspiration to people and a true sporting hero who is still fighting at the age of 47.
Suggested by: Owen (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Michael Essien.
Why?: because he is good at scoring and stopping the and he plays midfeild my favorite position. Suggested by: Flynn Johnston (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Jermain Defore.
Why?: because he is cool.
Suggested by: Flynn Johnston (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Steven Gerrard.
Why?: because i got his shirt.
Suggested by: Darcy johnston (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Scott Waldrom.
Why?: because he is good at jumping and he plays in my favorite position.
Suggested by: Flynn johnston (Jan 2011)
- My Hero: Rouya.
Why?: She is the best swimmer from MALDIVES,
went to the Olympics several times.
Suggested by: Nishan (Dec 2010)
- My Hero: Jehangir Khan.
Why?: 1. Total dominance: Did not lose a single game (a match has 5 games) for 5 years 7 months !!,
2. A very modest and open sportsman.
3. Minimal refereeing issues - very sprotsmanlike on court.
Suggested by: Tariq (Nov 2010)
- My Hero: Lionel Messi.
Why?: Lionel Messi is my sporting hero because he is a role modle. Also because he is a very good person.
Suggested by: Madhav Mani (Oct 2010)
- My Hero is Jamie Dwyer.
Sport: Field Hockey.
Why?: Three time World Hockey Player of the Year (2004, 2007 and 2009), Co-captain of the Kookaburra's Hockey team, World Cup Medalist, Olympic Gold Medalist, Commonwealth Games Gold Meadalist, Numerous Champion Trohpy Gold Medalist.
Many more achievements can go along with Jamie Dwyer's name. All together he is one amazing athlete with extreme talent and committment to the sport he loves. What a CHAMPION!
Suggested by: Melinda Casey
- My Hero: Didier Drogba.
Why: best personality in the field you feel he is the big brother of team mates he is very skilled and strong and funny. Suggested by: Nadim
- My hero is Ron Clarke from the sport of Track and Field.
Why: Because less than a handful of Australian athletes have run faster than Clarke over the last 35 years. Motteram is the only one who could have seriously outpaced him. Suggested by John Miller.
- My hero is Yelena Isinbayeva from the sport of Athletics.
Why: because she never gives up even after being rejected by her gymnastics coach. Being rejected it's not really hurt just as many other heroes has faced but the most that make her a hero is she started all over her dream again in another field. Suggested by Sabrina
- My hero is Robin van Persie from the sport of Soccer.
Why: Because he has great potential. If he didn't get injured so much he'd be way better. I LOVE to watch him play. Suggested by TOMMYEEEEEE.
- My hero is Andre Johnson from the sport of Football gridiron.
Why: He is my first favorite Nfl Player. Suggested by Baily Ballard
- My hero is Arnold Schwarzenegger from the sport of Bodybuilding.
Why: He dreamed to be the best built man in the world. He proved it with his dedication, hardwork and faith in himself. He opened the doors of bodybuilding and also inspired me towards bodybuilding. Though I am at the beginning stage but, I feel like I am doing something positive using my energy positively. suggested by Moses Paul
- My hero is Albert Pujols from the sport of baseball.
Why: he is awesome. Suggested by blake barker (Aug 2010)
- My hero is Asafa Powell from the sport of Track and Field, because he is a great role model. Suggested by yanzyboo. (Aug 2010)
- My hero is Melinda Casey, from the sport of Hockey. Because she's awesome and the best hockey player in Sunraysia. :). Suggested by Emilie dyson-berry. (Aug 2010)
- My hero is David Bowey, from the sport of Football. hes just the best because his seaweed can reach up to 90kph. Suggested by ben (June 2010)
- My hero is Javier Sotomayor, from the sport of High jump. Suggested by Matthew (June 2010)
- My hero is Charles Hamelin, from the sport of Short track. Suggested by Matthew (June 2010)
- My hero is Jordan Higo, from the sport of Rugby. He is The best rugby player I have ever seen. The way he steps and leaves people standing wondering where he has gone. Truly a Great player. My Hero. Suggested by Chris Jackson. (June 2010)
- My hero is Josh Hamilton, from the sport of Baseball. Josh Hamilton uses his personal experiences with drugs to talk to and greatly influence younger people about not making the same mistakes he did. He is also a very good baseball player. Suggested by Gloria Jackson (May 2010)
- My hero is Wasim Akram, from the sport of Cricket. Because he was the first on to take 500 wickets in ODIs and he is the only one who took two hat-tricks in both forms of cricket. Suggested by Hasan (Mar 2010)
- My hero is Gemma Allan. She is a really good runner she can do all sports and she is commited to do anything to do with sports also she is good at everything to do with sports and encourages others to do more sport and she keeps herself fit and healthy.
Suggested by jason romeo barnes. (Mar 2010)
- My hero is Smarty Jones - submitted by 'K'. Not sure why either, as they did not elaborate. If you did not know, Smarty Jones is a racehorse. (Mar 2010)