National Centre for Sport & Exercise Medicine
The NCSEM is a major new Department of Health initiative created after the London 2012 Olympic Games to deliver education, research and clinical services from three hubs in the London (ISEH), East Midlands and Sheffield.
The three centres are:
- Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health - London
- Centre for Sport and Exercise Science, Sheffield Hallam University
- NCSEM-EM, Loughborough University, East Midlands
The work of the National Centres will focus on:
- Chronic disease prevention and treatment
- Enhancing the treatment of sports injuries and promoting musculoskeletal health
- Encouraging mental health and wellbeing
- Enabling peak performance in athletes and sportspeople.
- See also other UK sports institutes, and other elite sporting centers around the world.
- About sport in the UK
- Sport Science Courses in the UK