Human Anatomy & Physiology
Is it all too confusing for you? In order to understand the many fitness and weight loss claims that are made on the Internet, it is important to know about the different components of the human body, to understand how the body works.
These articles explain in simple terms a few of the functions of the body, so that you gain a better understanding of how your body works.
- ATP - What?: The body's energy systems simply explained.
- Energy Systems Explained - more details about the complexity of the body's energy systems
- The Human Engine: A simple way of understanding how the human body works, using a simile to the motor car.
- The lungs — a brief description about their function.
- Muscles - explaining the difference between fast and slow twitch muscle fibers, and the mechanism of muscle fatigue. Also the Muscles List — some basic descriptions of some of the muscles of the human body.
- What limits exercise? — the supply of oxygen through our lungs or the ability of the muscles to utilize the oxygen supplied to it.
- Pulse Oximeters — for measuring measuring blood oxygen saturation