Super Bowl XLI was held at South Florida on February 4th, 2007. The game was played at Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Florida.
The game featured the AFC champion Indianapolis Colts and the NFC champion Chicago Bears. The Colts, led by quarterback Peyton Manning, won the game with a score of 29-17, earning their first Super Bowl victory in franchise history. The game was notable for the rain and strong winds, making it one of the wettest Super Bowls in history.
The MVP of the game was quarterback Peyton Manning.
- It was the first Super Bowl to have the opening kickoff returned for a touchdown, with Chicago's Devin Hester making the touchdown.
- It was the first Super Bowl to be played with rain on the field.
- The game was broadcast by CBS
- It was the record-tying ninth Super Bowl played in the Miami area (New Orleans have also hosted 9).
- It was the fourth Super Bowl played at Dolphins Stadium, the other five Miami Super Bowls were played at the Orange Bowl.
- It was the first Super Bowl to have African-Americans coaching both teams, with Tony Dungy coaching the Colts and Lovie Smith coaching the Bears. Therefore, the first African-American coach to win a Super Bowl was Tony Dungy.
- The halftime show featured Prince, who performed a medley of hits in a memorable performance.
- Super Bowl Host Cities
- Superbowl Winners List