Bobsled at the Winter Paralympic Games
Para Bobsled is a winter sport involving athletes making timed runs down narrow and twisting ice tracks in a gravity-powered sled. Para-bobsleigh events only include mono-bobs that are steered and braked by one athlete alone.
The sport of Bobsled has been pressing for inclusion at the Winter Paralympic Games, but in early 2021, it was annouced that it will not be included at the Milan Cortina 2026 Winter Paralympics, with the International Paralympic Committee saying that minimum criteria for the number of nations regularly participating in the sport has not been met.
The application for skeleton, another ice track sport, to be included in the Games was also not successful due to the sport not fulfilling a number of the criteria needed.
- List of sports at the Winter Paralympics
- Bobsled at the Winter Olympics
- About the 2022 Paralympics in Beijing
- List of Sports for Disabilities
- More about the sport of bobsled
- Complete list of sports
- Main Winter Paralympics page